Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 18, 2007







I'm almost finished doing the hand emroidery on my silk piece -- I'm considering mounting it but it needs to be easy to pack and/or ship as part of my trunk show. I know that I don't want it to be framed and that it needs to be stitched on to something firm and in a colorway that will enhance and not detract from the piece itself. What am I considering so far? Painters canvas dyed or painted in that same soft ochre or perhaps a quilted irregular shape? If you have any ideas let me know!

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful piece and what a lovely blog Warm regards Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barbara! I have tons more to post -- it's hard to have time to play with projects and have the time post about them too :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most extraordinary piece. You can see all the fibers in the picture and they are lovely colors. Exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tangled Stitch! After lots of pondering what the next step should be, I've needle/wet felted some leaves in the same tone and plan to have them surround this piece on a background of quilted yellow/gold silk. Stay tuned for pics when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete