Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, December 01, 2008

Cheeky birds -- The Makings of a Baby Quilt







I have tried to make a special keepsake for all the new babies our children have had and have been thinking and planning for weeks for our newest expected arrival. While I'm in my studio, I can see lots of bird activity out in the garden so I decided to make a baby quilt mainly in white, with a variety of hand embroidered and appliqued very sweet blue birds and with one very naughty red one. I'm fortunate enough to have my wonderful Pfaff 1475 that can be easily programmed to stitch out verse - so I'm gathering children's bird poems and stitching some lines along the borders - this is what we have so far. Of course, nothing is sewn together yet but you get the idea. Once it has all been pieced, plans are to machine quilt it and wash in the machine so it will shrink and get the vintage look.

No comments:

Post a Comment