Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

After Felting


After felting and what I learned: The batt I used for the background included a mix of fiber including mohair and although it was really gorgeous, the fibers came through the finer merino flowers during the wet felting process some of which was good (the background flowers are very soft) and some not so good since it muted the vibrant pink of the larger flowers. The curls around the edges are quite effective and I love the added texture.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting before and after photos. The alrgest flowers seem to ahve changed quite a bit in the process but I seem to see that you also did soem machine stitching as well?? Lovely piece!!
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the detail that you can get by adding the stitching. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    Giulia

    ReplyDelete