This felt flower is fun and easy to create and really beautiful! An experiment that worked out well.
Ready? Here we go . . . .
1. select a good length of some wide wired ribbon (inexpensive in craft shops)
2. REMOVE the wire from one side
3. choose some complimentary or contrasting wool/roving and machine-needle felt it along the side without the wire
4. place the ribbon in soapy water and roll until the wool has shrunk and is very well felted - no loose fibers - your ribbon will have gathered!
5. Begin with a tight roll and stitch the bottom to hold in place; continue stitching the ribbon around the roll and tuck in the end raw edge.
6. Stitch on a pin back and there you go! a quick and easy embellishement!