Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, February 22, 2008




Don't laugh, but I just had to keep "at it" with the Iris -- I think I've finally captured a tiny bit of that gorgeous flower's essence -- not an easy task I've found. The top petals (needle felted/stitched) are added separately and stitched in place. I've also added a butterfly but the piece still needs "something" so I'll post when I finally finish it.
I've always had a penchant for cottages particularly thatched roof cottages. My dear wee friend, Margaret, that I've known since early childhood lived in Corby, England, for a time and when I visited I fell in love and have been obsessed with them ever since. One of the first projects on my Embellisher was a cottage pillow -- you may have seen it on the Baby Lock web site in the past. This cottage is quite large for me (12 x 14) and is needle/wet felted with some stitching details added.

No comments:

Post a Comment