Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

CARRIAGE HOUSE

Slowly getting it all together.  I have no new work to show at the moment, but I hope to change that very soon.   My studio has not been set up - everything is stored in plastic containers waiting for the built-ins and then . . . . !!!

My muse has been like a butterfly - hibernating but getting ready to burst open!!!  I truly do better with a challenge but all the creative energy has gone into decisions about decorating and how fun that has been.  There are still a few finishes to be done on the outside - the overhang is waiting for its metal roof to be completed next weekend and the decks need to be stained. The amount of light in the house is incredible.  It has been such fun to watch the progress from the ground up - truly a dream come true.  We loved, loved our cottage in Habersham but the yard was quite large and as my husband was getting older, it was time to make a change.  When this idea of a carriage house built next to our daughter and family came up, we jumped at the chance to be close to them and it is not too far from all of our wonderful friends.  It is the perfect solution - it is small but it is just size for us and has a room for my studio - when we are finished with this - a dye shed will be next!  How I miss my dyeing and leaf printing.

The front looks on to Jenni and Dean's courtyard and fire pit.



Our bedroom has two french doors leading out into what will become our bird and butterfly garden!

For the bathroom I used an old silk chiffon shawl that I dearly love but had developed a few holes so it was a perfect candidate for nuno felting the center - it turned out well and I enjoy looking at the soft peach with African violets

My favorite pot!  Purchased for an indoor olive tree. I named her Olivia; she is adjusting to her new space!




The main room with vaulted ceilings and beams (not showing in this shot)



And then - there are the boys!  such a joy to be around them every day and watch them grow!




1 comment: