Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, February 28, 2021

VIRUS


Since the virus has descended on us, I have had more time; however, I get less done.  Not sure why other than just thinking about what our new normal is, makes me feel like I am in a dream that we are living in.  Nothing in our lifetime has affected our total way of life like this has and it takes a bit to get used to it.  Especially for folk like me that do well in a challenge or a deadline.  For a while there, having all the time in the world has made me less creative although I was working on a few new things outside in undercover of the overhand in my dye shed.  I do love working out there - it is my happy place for sure.  Surrounded by the fragrance of the garden, smells of the pluff mud when it is low tide, and watching the birds dart in and out give me such pleasure, not to mention "Steve" our resident skink who scurries around from time to time - I scare him as much as he scares me. When I hear the little pitter-patter, I know he (or she???) is around.  This skink is a reptile, - he has a colorful coat at times and a longish tail.  I think he either lives under the shed or in the stone wall we built but even though I would never want to touch him, he is harmless enough and I'm sure joyfully consumes bugs so that is a good thing.

In the meantime, I have decided to withdraw as a member of the Maye River Gallery at least temporarily because of virus safety concerns.  The gracious ladies of the gallery agreed to have me there as a guest so I'm happy for that, as I really admire and appreciate them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment