Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 14, 2008

A photo posted on the Yahoo Embellisher group reminded me of my little fairy house created for Evy of "A Bit of Stitch" a few years ago - I drew the shape of the bottom portion on to water soluble stabilizer complete with door and windows/shutters and needle felted roving on to silk chiffon (what I had on hand matched the blue of the roving) and then stitched the shutters. The removable top (to allow you to peak in at your fairy to make sure she is behaving herself) is an upside down bowl - needle and then wet felted. Textile medium was used so it would keep it's shape.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind but I have chosen you for an Arte Y Pico award as I do enjoy your blog. I couldn't find any way of emailing apart from though your comments box.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm incredibly honored! Thank you so much and I'm so sorry you couldn't reach me -- I know how frustrating it can be to try to reach people -- I've had the same problem! my e-mail is hermajestymargo@aol.com I'll be sure to post it on my blog here! Just let me know what I'm supposed to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margo, your fairy house is just too darling for mere words. I've never done needle felting but you certainly inspire one to try.

    Your attention to detail lends your creation that that extra touch of whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words -- I really had fun making this and Evy has the dearest little elves and fairies that dwell in there and call it home!

    ReplyDelete