Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 14, 2008

Felting!

This felt was made a few weeks ago at a felting day held at my friend Nancy's studio. These days are a dream surrounded by unlimited inspiration and others working on individual projects. I'd planned to make a footstool cover but it turned out to look more like a Monet and calls out to be a wallhanging instead.

Everyone else worked on nuno scarves using vintage saris -- a great find by one of the Nancy's friends. I'm never happy just doing what I know how to do already; I love to stretch the imagination and sometimes things turn out better than others, but you always learn what to do more of and what not to do next time. This piece has some prefelt pinwheels and velvet embedded in it and turned out really great so I gave it to my daughter who'll make good use of it. I have since learned that the type of wool a footstool needs to be a really strong felt to hold up.

No comments:

Post a Comment