Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

My Finished Felt Belt


I finally finished my silk/wool belt by adding a silver button with deep blue center from my stash - the wool ties that I had originally planned just wouldn't look or feel right on this piece since the wool is sandwiched in between the silk on front and back so it doesn't show - a button seemed much more appropriate and I'll wear it with tailored pants in a soft mocha and cream silk shirt - looks fabulous as it has the most beautiful glorious shades in a silk burnout and has ruched so much during the felting process - it has a little ruffle along the bottom; the back of the belt is a sheer orange irridescent silk. This belt will also add a lot of character to a dress or skirt so I think I'll get a lot of wear from it. It's definitely one of my favorites.

5 comments:

  1. All hail the Queen! When you wear that outfit, could we see it!? Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL!!! If I do get a good picture, I'll post it for fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The texture taht you got i this piece is amazing!! Love the silk rouching- plus I love that word- rouching!! the colors are glorious!! Yes you must have Andrea take a picture of you wearing it and show us!!!!
    Smiles!
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are going to be stopped everywhere you go in Houston so people can admire your bags, belts, and vest! Love the red felt vest especially. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is so beautiful I really admire your talent!

    ReplyDelete