Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 05, 2014

FanciFULL Mosaic Felt Vest

After delays due to a fall on my back (carelessness on my behalf because I still think I'm a spring chicken!) - thank goodness nothing was broken but I've had six weeks of physical therapy and on top of that a sinus issue that left me with no creative energy, I'm finally feeling GREAT and ready to roll :-) 

I have been working on vest samples for upcoming workshops; I found that I love nothing more than to create felt fabric - sometimes with the Embellisher and sometimes not - before cutting it all up and piecing together to take advantage of the texture.    It is easy to get lost in the design and it really is quite a creative and enjoyable process; using one simple pattern, you can make it as long or as short as you would like to showcase the felt.

This pink felt felt fabric was made right before I hurt my back - the inspiration was a gorgeous but quite wild swirls; a silk scarf from TJ Maxx in reds, fuschia and touches of plum - something I would never wear but just perfect to use in felting since the wool tones it down a bit.







The pictures aren't the best but it is too cloudy today to take better pictures outside, but you get the idea.  I will be doing this workshop for Opulent Fibers in Portland, Oregon, in August and for the Baltimore Weavers Guild in November.  I'm designing something similar but using more of the Embellisher for a workshop at Sara Felts in Vancouver this June.  I'm so excited to meet new people and to see what my students come up with - felters are such creative souls and this technique provides just another outlet for them to showcase their creativity.

Here is a another that I posted to Facebook a while back in a soft peach showcasing lots of silk and some velvet.  

If your group is interested in a workshop - it can be arranged!  just contact me either on here, email hermajestymargo@aol.com or message me on FB!












4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful texture and colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to take another class by you. How do I find your schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nanette! I'd love to have you in class too - where are you? I'm teaching in Vancouver, June; Portland, August; Baltimore, November and looking for more venues -- trying to arrange some things in Beaufort but I'm still so new to the area so it takes time to find the right places
    - do you belong to a group that could plan something? If you want more information, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete