Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, April 06, 2023

SERENDIPITY!!!

Our daughter-in-love, Michele McPhee Duke, designs and prints the best fabric using Spoonflower and creates all kinds of magic with her designs, so I go the idea from her to try Spoonflower.

My friend, Judy Warren, mentioned that the print I made while taking Jane Dunnewold's Heat Press Botanical Printing class would look great on fabric so that's why I was searching for a company that printed on silk. I haven't really been able to find one that does what I want exactly and while Spoonflower doesn't carry silk, they do carry very fine cotton. I need a lot of practice although it does seem simple, I ordered 1 yard, and while I thought it would have repeats, I got one large print in the center of the yard! Truly a learning experience!

However, the good news is that I've been looking for some artwork to hang over our bed that would tie together our sage leather recliners and rug which has a range of pinks with touches of aqua/sage.

!  Voila!  
the print will be perfect for a quilted wall hanging and I couldn't be more excited or happy.     (I visualize some stitching in gold and beads! - yes beads, oh yes and velvet!) 
Serendipity indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment