Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 22, 2024

COTTAGES

I've been felting cottages since early 2003 - I love creating peaceful green scenes with hills sometimes a stream and featuring a wee cottage.   I can spend hours adding details with stitching and/or beads.  I wasn't so sure how well they would do in the May River Gallery since our town of Bluffton, SC, is surrounded by marshes and rivers, and art reflecting those is very popular; however, happily, the first one I placed ended up selling within a week!   It is hard to tell from here but it was quite large before being matted and framed (unfortunately the framed picture has too many reflections) but I was really pleased with how it turned out!


I had a small frame so I decided to make another and again it sold!  I see more cottages in my future - so much fun and I love creating them!




No comments:

Post a Comment