Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Felt Patchwork and Curls

I'm making a patchwork using up all the scraps leftover from my last two vests - the colors seem to really complement one another - it's a work in progress so I'm not sure what it will end up being! But as you can see, I dyed some curls this past weekend for my etsy store in some of the same tones - they remind me of Fall which is in the air here in Maryland this past few mornings. I also dyed some blue roving and curls - still drying.





4 comments:

  1. beautiful colors!!!! amazing.

    Florcita

    ReplyDelete
  2. hallo margo, I'm manya from grammatiko in greece, I've been following for awhile, admiring your work.thanks for posting about your work-
    these colours are beautiful, what kind of dye do you use??
    regards,
    manya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manya - I adore Greece - the people, the culture and the food! I once had a Greek friend who was the most excellent at very fine crochet work, gorgeous hand embroidery as well as a wonderful seamstress and cook - too bad she moved away and we lost touch as she was very inspiring.

    Thank you for your compliments; I use acid dyes - I mix them into liquid form (see an early post for more details) and store them in jelly jars so when I want to dye it is very quick and easy. I use my turkey roaster with great success.

    ReplyDelete