Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 08, 2011

Finished Felt Heavy Duty Bag





















Here is my finished bag -- quite large (20 1/2" wide x 16" long) and lined with a heavier decorator fabric that has six pockets all around for cell phone and all those incidentals that we need to keep organized; I also added a magnetic closure. It is quite heavy so along the top back seam of the lining I stitched in a piece of small plastic tubing to keep it straight when it is full and the handle is attached to that; after using it last weekend on my trip to one of my favorite places on earth (Bluffton, SC) I do plan on making a slit in the top a few inches from the sides, moving the handle and reattaching it to the plastic tubing to redistribute the weight when the bag is full.


Notice the butterflies on the front - the larger one is on the bottom right front and was created with a piece of pleated shibori felted in with a little stitching added and the others are wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment