Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

SAVANNAH GUILD GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION; LEARNING NEW PC

I really had intended to finish up my blog posts a couple of days ago but with the new pc, I'm finding it quite a learning curve because my former Photo Plus 8 no longer works on Windows 11 so I was forced to install a new program and I think it will be fine once I get used to it; however, I made a giant error while getting pictures from my i-pad to my pc and changed the icon so I was unable to see what was in the folders.  Suffice it to say that it took hours but I finally figured it out so here we are - a learning experience

Now on to the important things!  The Fiber Guild of the Savannahs had their Golden Anniversary a few weeks ago and the members banded together to make it special and it was!  I was inspired by the Queen's Jubilee after I saw some women create a huge bed of textile flowers as a tribute to her.  Of course, it probably took them a couple of years to do as many as they had and we had only a couple of weeks.  The guild meets at Oatlands Museum in Savannah and they kindly give them a room and allow them to meet there as well.  In return, the guild makes things for their gift store to help them out as it is mainly staffed by volunteers.  The person in charge of the event loved the idea of the flowers and we had several discussions on how to accomplish something worthy in such a short time frame.   

I offered to create a wet felted background that was to be attached to a movable frame since we are in a shared situation.  I used a green wool background with brown branches and leaves that were stitched as well as a few sheep's locks to add interest.     



Cecilia Ridge who is also a guild member painted the top banner on silk and it is quite lovely.  Just the finishing touch that it needed.

Another event that Oatland has planned will take place, on April 29 from 10-2 is the Fairy and Gnome Festival so members have been diligently working towards this popular event.  All proceeds go toward feeding the animals!
Faerie Antoinette
Zelda Fae
Our daughter, Andi, and I had a fairy day - rare for us to play together since she has a full-time job on Hilton Head Island and feeds her horses before and after work.  We had a wonderful time and here are the results!  I would love to make more but I've been working on deadlines.  




















1 comment:

  1. The fairies are wonderful! Would you consider sharing a how to?

    ReplyDelete