Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas Past

Although I haven't blogged for a while, I've been very busy - before Christmas there was this machine embroidered wreath that was begun a couple of years ago and set aside as it was so time consuming. If you machine embroider, you may know the feeling of dread just in case you get a-l-m-o-s-t finished and something goes wrong so I think that is why I'd put it off. I decided to embroider each design separately (12 in all) and then applique them on to the silk organza square to be used as a topper; this way it can be placed over the tablecloth or used alone with a candle in the center. It really is round although the photograph doesn't show it that way - it turned out so well and was a worthwhile project and a much appreciated gift for the recipient to be brought out year after year along with the memories of the events that take place around it.









1 comment: