Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Elusive Orange Eucalyptus - FINALLY!!!

I have grown old while trying to achieve the bright orange red euca prints - FINALLY!!!   Yesterday morning when I opened my bundles, to say I was ecstatic was an understatement - my husband came to see what all the fuss was about and the high is still with me!  It has literally taken me years - and the best part?  My very own euca tree (baby that she still is, gave me wonderful pints).

As "crazy eyes" (Orange is the New Black, actress) said on a PBS interview "my mom told me in her African accent that something always comes from working haaaard"!!!  and yes I worked very haaaaard!

So here they are!  Euca overdyed on indigo, or osage orange and the small leaves are from my sweet tree!   I also got a couple of euca plants with tiny leaves that you can see in the second picture.






4 comments:

  1. So thrilled for you :D I know the euphoria of Eucalyptus red!
    Gorgeous prints Margo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Not sure what you wasted your time with before, but I got the lovely colors first time with vinegar. Lucky you to have your own baby tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Betty and Marilyn! Yarn goddess - I also used vinegar many, many times and got prints but never the orange until now - I simmered and steamed so perhaps it was the leaves

    ReplyDelete