Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Follow Along if You Like


This cuff is in the beginning stages - I've needle felted some flowers on to a soft but thick prefelt (if you don't have access to these, you can make your own by running some roving under the Embellisher needles; if you are using Felbi which is very thin then you'll need to use about 4 layers). Wet felting shrinks the wool, so you'll need to make your piece 25 - 40% longer to allow for shrinkage. Make sure to add details - the look will change quite a bit once it is stitched and wet felted but the surprise element is what makes wet felting such an exciting process.
Next I'm going to add some free motion stitching before I wet felt it. I'll post pictures after each step :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh what fun!! I do sooo love yor book but being able to follow along like this will be soo inspiring!!!! thanks so much ! I love what is happening so far!!
    hugs!
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete